Sunday 23 October 2011

An insight into the (dis)order of my mind, courtesy of Kate Atkinson

Creative Commons License
Stuff and Nonsense by Amy Cockram is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.

"Right up until the end Victor's mind had been as methodical as an efficient library, whereas Amelia felt that hers was more like the cupboard under the stair where ancient hockey sticks were shoved in beside broken hoovers and boxes of old Christmas decorations, and the one thing you knew was in there - a 5-amp fuse, a tin of shoe polish, a Philips screwdriver - would almost certainly be the one thing you couldn't lay your hands on."  - Kate Atkinson, "Case Histories"
Yep, I recognise that feeling.

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote, but I find Kate Atkinson quite odd to read.

    I've nominated your blog for another award, mostly as a big thank you for reading my novel. Sorry, you have to share more facts now!

    ReplyDelete