Tuesday 24 April 2012

My first guest post

Creative Commons License
Stuff and Nonsense by Amy Cockram is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.

 I'm a little bit excited.

Anyone who occasionally checks my blog might have become aware of semi-regular references to Jeremy Northam, who in my opinion is a) a very talented actor and b) damn sexy.

A friend who I met through Twitter, Gill Fraser-Lee,  has an excellent blog about Jeremy's work - "The Jeremy Northam Blog" - for which she asked me to do a guest post about his recent audiobook of George Orwell's "The Road to Wigan Pier."  If you fancy popping over to her blog to read my guest post, you can do so here.

I am choosing to think of this as my first writing commission.

If you are interested in the work of this very talented man, I'd recommend having a browse around the great posts that are available on Gill's blog.....

2 comments:

  1. Amy, you did an excellent job on your guest post. I wasn't even aware Jeremy Northam had recorded any audiobooks.

    I hope you'll include audiobook reviews on your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Monica! And Jeremy Northam has recorded quite a few audiobooks - my personal favourite is his reading of Graham Greene's Our Man in Havana.

    I hadn't given much thought to writing about audiobooks on my own blog, but maybe I will consider it more. In the same way that I don't write about film, I'm not entirely confident writing about audiobooks - but I have written about a couple of theatre pieces, so maybe that block is arbitrary and not very logical.

    ReplyDelete