Stuff and Nonsense by Amy Cockram is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
As this is my 100th post, I thought that it would be nice to do something to celebrate and to say thank you to people who have been nice enough to show interest in my ramblings. And what better way to do it than with a book giveaway...
So, this is my invitation to my readers: in the comments of this post, please leave the author and title of the book I have reviewed on this blog that you would most like to read. I'll pick someone next weekend on Sunday 19th February 2012, so you all have a week to think about it - look through old posts if you want to - and decide which of my reviewed books you fancy most. I've been trying to think of a fair way to pick a winner, and I think most likely I will put names in a container and ask my husband to pick one. This is possibly, of course, flattering myself that I have more than one reader and will have more than one entrant. The winner will get that book sent to them by me (probably later in the month after my payday!).
Here are my ground rules:
- My blog is non-profit making and for my own enjoyment and challenge, so the prize won't be anything fancy but will be the normal paperback copy of the winner's chosen book (or hardback if the winner's choice is not yet out in paperback).
- To be fair to other entrants and give everyone the same chance to win, please only enter once. If I notice someone make multiple entries I reserve the right to omit them from the draw.
- I'm not limiting this to UK readers, but if the winner lives abroad and I discover that airmail to them is horrendously expensive then I will send the book by surface mail.
- I don't think I have written about anything that is out of print, but if I do find that the winner has picked something that I find hard to source then I will ask them to make a second choice.
- For your own internet security, please don't put your address in your comment with your chosen book. I will liaise with the winner through email, or private messages on Facebook or Twitter, to get their postal address to send the book.
- I will announce the winner in the comments after the giveaway closes, so if you decide to enter please check in with the comments after the closing date on the 19th February to see if you have won. I might be trying to contact you....