Saturday 4 February 2012

My New Year's Resolution progress

Creative Commons License
Stuff and Nonsense by Amy Cockram is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.

Just in case you didn't read it at the time, I wrote about my New Year's Resolution here.

This week I bought 3 books, and borrowed 2 from the library*.

So far it isn't going too well.


*If anyone is interested, I bought:
  • An ex-library copy of Kate Atkinson's "Human Croquet"
  • A discounted copy of Matt Haig's "The Radleys," for which I have heard a lot of praise.
  • On a whim, a discounted copy of "The Longest Crawl," by Ian Marchant.  I had not heard of it before, but it is apparently a comic travelogue of a pub crawl for the length of England (I bought it because it mentioned a few places I know in the blurb).
And I borrowed:
  • "The Coincidence Engine," by Sam Leith.  I've wanted to read it since it came out, because I was intrigued by comparisons that were made with the brilliant Douglas Adams
  • "The Hypnotist," by Lars Kepler.  I've also heard this was good and wanted to read it for a while - I almost bought a signed copy when we went to London last year, but got distracted by some obscure Tennessee Williams that I didn't have.

1 comment:

  1. Like you said at the time, no one keeps resolutions anyway. And as it's February, you're officially released!

    ReplyDelete